Hello Fellow Bloggers,
I am in the process of helping a group of friends with a new non-profit based out of (but not limited too) Laguna in Orange County, CA. This event flyer is to annouce the grand opening scheduled today! The project assists cancer warriors by helping provide financial relief for expensive and necessary treatments and hospital bills. If you would like to donate you can purchase a shirt at www.dwbhshirts.org. All the shirts are American made from high quality cloth. And for those of you who are pet lovers they offer dog/cat shirts as well! If you are local and can make it I would love it for you to come, if you cannot please buy a shirt- It’s a tax write off and you would be helping a stranger!
Facts About Cancer:
There are more than 100 types of cancers; any part of the body can be affected.
Worldwide, the 5 most common types of cancer that kill men are (in order of frequency): lung, stomach, liver, colorectal and oesophagus.
Worldwide, the 5 most common types of cancer that kill women are (in the order of frequency): breast, lung, stomach, colorectal and cervical.
Tobacco use is the single largest preventable cause of cancer in the world.
One fifth of all cancers worldwide are caused by a chronic infection, for example human papillomavirus (HPV) causes cervical cancer and hepatitis B virus (HBV) causes liver cancer.
More than 30% of cancers could be cured if detected early and treated adequately.
In 2011, approximately 39,520 women are expected to die from breast cancer. Only lung cancer accounts for more cancer deaths in women.
In 2011, about 2,140 cases of breast cancer are expected to occur among men, accounting for about 1% of all breast cancers. In addition, approximately 450 men will die from breast cancer.
- New Cervical Cancer Screening Guidelines Include HPV Tests (healthland.time.com)
- HPV Cancer Hits 8,000 Men, 18,000 Women a Year (webmd.com)
- Breast cancer screening age lowered to 40 (cbc.ca)
- Many breast cancer survivors worry about cancer returning (medicalxpress.com)
- Cancer Alliance of Naples grant helping lower income breast cancer patients (naplesnews.com)
- New study finds breast cancer should be considered 10 separate diseases (philosophyafterdark.wordpress.com)