The Power of Community
Here are 6 powerful reasons not to go it alone:
1. Collective wisdom. No one person ever has all of the answers, and regardless of the amount of Google-fu you may have, consulting with experts is always going to give you better information.
2. Pushing our limits. When working alone, it’s oftentimes too easy to give up when things get hard. By surrounding yourself with others working toward a similar goal or objective, you’ll get motivation, support, and friendly competition to push yourself just a bit further than you would have done on your own.
3. Support and belief. Some days those big goals just seem impossible. On those days when you most want to give up, you need to lean on your community the most. They believe in you—probably more than you belief in yourself.
4. New ideas. I truly believe that when you are working within a community of like-minded people that the wisdom of crowds is considerably greater than any one person working alone. Our divergent world views and lenses mean that we all approach the exact same problem slightly differently.
5. Borrowed motivation. Even on those days when your belief in yourself isn’t waning, doing what needs to get done can seem overwhelming. Look around your community and be inspired!
6. Accountability. If you’re an uber-responsible person, you may not want to admit to people you care about who are pulling for you that something didn’t get done. There’s nothing like having to be accountable to others to up your game.
I grabbed this from tinybuddha’s blog. I believe and agree with these 6 steps. We do need one another and support to achieve our dreams and goals. Sometimes we can become easily overwhelmed or unsure of how or even a method of when to start something. We all have our own experiences and life lessons. Imagine what we could accomplish if we were all brave enough to share our struggles and accomplishments!
*If you have a question or would like to submit a topic please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Computation and Wisdom of Crowds in Cultural Heritage (trevorowens.org)
- Great Expectations… (cherryoneill.wordpress.com)
- 4 Powerful Strategies to Fire Up Your Motivation! (positiveprovocations.com)
- The Power of Belief for Your Success! (rodkirby.com)
- Are you giving yourself the freedom to be who you are meant to be? (selfawarenessforchange.wordpress.com)